Yahoo Indonesia is a business unit of Yahoo! Inc in Indonesia areas. Yahoo! Inc is an equal opportunity employer!
The person in this role will be tasked with achieving the BD goals for Indonesia by closely working with the SEA team as well as autonomously developing and managing strong relationships with strategic partnerships in particular in the digital telco and publisher space.
The role will be responsible for and “own” all Yahoo! BD activities in the territory. To be successful the candidate must develop a deep understanding of the Yahoo! web and mobile products and how they apply to partnership opportunities as well as audience and revenue objectives.
In line with the agreed country BD objectives and goals, the BD manager will lead the development of audience and revenue opportunities. These will include three key areas of activities: BD, partnership management and insights sharing and reporting.
Business development activities:
In the telco space
- Platform and product distribution on operator and OEM UI, for example mobile Y! Front Page, News,, Messenger, Search, Email and more.
- Close deals for the distribution of client applications for mobile in particular for Messenger.
- Explore and execute opportunities related to the growing mobile broadband business for example distribution of Y! Email and Front page.
- Work with the local editorial team to identify and engage premium publishers and broadcaster.
- Develop and close partnership opportunities including premium advertising network, platform distribution and co-marketing.
In collaboration with the SG based BD team, manage existing partnership with the view of maximizing existing audience and revenue objectives as well as growing the scope of the partnerships
- Set regular (at least monthly) partner meetings as well as quarterly steering committees.
- Review and analyse partnership performance against Y! and partner’s goals.
- Liaise with partners and Y! product team in relation to product matters, ex launch plans, bugs, roadmaps and more.
- Collaborate with the marketing team in relation to in particular co-marketing initiatives with telcos.
- Delight the partners and build strong and trustful relationship based on respect of the mutual needs.
The BD manager will be the key person on the ground and therefore not only be responsible for reporting to the rest of the team information relating to the partners and partnerships but also provide market/competition insights.
- Weekly project updates
- Quarterly updates
- Revenue and audience performance reports.
- Deal negotiation statuses
- Presentation preparation
- In particular the role will require tight collaboration and “dotted line” reporting to the local GM to ensure the BD activities are aligned with local business goals and strategies.
- Execution of deals set
- Growth of partnerships
- Partner satisfaction
- Strong entrepreneurial, negotiation and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a reliable manner
- Tremendous attention to detail both in the context of metrics analysis as well as document drafting or reviewing (especially for legal documents)
- Communicate clearly and accurately both orally and in writing
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the internal/external partner’s needs as well as communicate and
- Make sure they are understood his or her needs win over the stake holder with a view of achieving
- The business goals set at all stages and especially with external partners,
- Maintain a equal balance of power so that the partner understands and
- Supports the BD needs and priorities
The BD manger candidate will need to prove evidence of experience in the key activities listed above, in particular:
- Negotiation, contract management, opportunities identification, targets hitting.
- Partnership successful management and internal team collaboration.
- Reporting orally and in writing including through presentation