The Dutch handed over the factory to Indonesian Government on April 29, 1950. Then the factory was officially named Pabrik Senjata dan Munisi (PSM) (English: weapon and ammunition factory) and located in where PT. PINDAD lies now.
Since then PT. PINDAD had change into an industry of military tools and equipment under the management of TNI (Indonesian Army). PT. PINDAD changed its status into a state owned company called PT. PINDAD (Persero) on April 29, 1983. The agency change into PT. Pakarya Industri (Persero) and then changed again into PT. Bahana Pakarya Industri Strategis (Persero).
In the year 2002, the status of PT. PINDAD (Persero) was again changed by the government, and since then the company is under the Ministry of State Enterprises.
Pindad has received awards, recently being awarded to president Budi Santoso by Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono due to the creation of the Pindad SS1 & Pindad SS2 rifles that enabled the Indonesian Army to win at the recent Asean Army Rifle Meet XVI contest in 2006.
- Ilmu Hukum,
- Ilmu Komunikasi (Public Relations/ Humas),
- Teknik Balistik,
- Teknik Elektro Instrumentasi,
- Teknik Industri,
- Teknik Mesin,
- Teknik Metalurgi, dan
- Teknik Otomotif.
- Kesehatan Lingkungan,
- Teknik Elektro,
- Teknik Mekatronika,
- Teknik Mesin & Teknik Mesin Maintenance.
- Male/ Female, age maximum 27 years (S1) and maximum 24 years (D3).
- For applicants who have or are working at PT. Pindad (Persero) with the status of contract staff or outsourcing, maximum age allowed is 35 years (S1) and 32 years (D3).
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Placement in the city of Bandung – West Java.
- CV and work experience (if any)
- Copy of diploma (ijazah) and value transcripts
- Copy of valid ID card (KTP)
- Police Records Certificate (Surat Keterangan Catatan Kepolisian)
- Certificate of Physically and Spiritually Health (Surat Keterangan Sehat Jasmani dan Rohani)
- 1 (one) recent pass photo size 3×4 recent (with color)
- TOEFL score (if any)
Jl. Gatot Subroto No. 517, Bandung 40284