Indonesian Meteorological, Climatological and Geophysical Agency – Badan Meteorologi, Klimatologi, dan Geofisika or BMKG is the Indonesian non-departmental government agency for meteorology, climatology, and geophysics.
Its history began on 1841 with individual observation conducted by Dr. Onnen, the head of hospital in Bogor, and was established as a formal government institution on 1866 by the Dutch East Indies government by the name of Magnetisch en Meteorologisch Observatorium. The agency name changed several times and its current name was given on September 6, 2008.
Job Announcement at BMKG in March 2012
Acceptance of New Cadets at Akademi Meteorologi dan Geofisika (AMG) in the Academic Year 2012/ 2013
Akademi Meteorologi dan Geofisika (AMG), in the Academic Year 2012/ 2013 received potential candidates of Indonesia Citizen to be educated became Taruna Akademi Meteorologi dan Geofisika with the following conditions :
Program/ Department :
Program of Diploma III in the field(s) of Meteorologi, Program Diploma III in the field(s) of Klimatologi, Program Diploma III in the field(s) of Geofisika dan Program Diploma III in the field(s) of Instrumentasi.
Bounding duty to Badan Meteorologi Klimatologi dan Geofisika (BMKG), not to be dormed. Education carried out in 6 (six) semester within Internship in BMKG stations across Indonesia.
1st year : College at semester I and II
2nd year : Internship in BMKG stations across Indonesia
3rd year : College at semester III dan IV
4th year : College at semester V dan VI
Candidates Requirements :
- Male/ female, a citizen of Indonesia, physically and mentally healthy, not color blind.
- Age not less than 17 years and not more than 23 years on 1 September 2012
- Not married yet (single) and not willing to marry during the educationB
- Drug free indicated at before and during education
- Graduated or will graduate from high school/ Madrasah Aliyah (MA) majoring in science, or vocational school (SMK) majoring in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or Computer Engineering (Vocational school graduates can only apply for D III program majoring in Instrumentation)
- Minimum body height is 163 cm for male, and 155 cm for female with proportional body weight
- Willing to work in BMKG for at least 5 (five) years since it passed the education, and willing to be placed anywhere in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia.
Registration Areas :
Bintaro, Medan, Palembang, Padang, Surabaya, Yogyakarta, Denpasar, Mataram, Pontianak, Banjarmasin, Balikpapan, Makassar, Palu, Gorontalo, Kendari, Ternate, Ambon, Kupang, Jayapura & Sorong
For candidates who have interested to join BMKG, please meet all of the requested requirement by the company first refer to BMKG recruitment
How to Apply ?
The work registration process will be closed on April 13rd, 2012. Please access through the link provided above for official detail job announcement.