With 400 schools and over 15 million students, EF is now the largest private education provider in the world. Approximately 34,000 people are working at EF across its 15 subsidiaries and non-profit organizations represented in 50 countries worldwide.
The company also publishes the EF English Proficiency Index (EF EPI), a ranking of countries by their English skills.
“Education First” is more than a company name. This is the spirit of togetherness.
Starting with our first office of a small town, Lund, Sweden, EF has expanded its network in over 50 countries around the world. Now, we have more than 400 schools and offices around the world, and you open up every two weeks.
High School & University Education
EF is always dedicated to finding the most effective way to learn – 30 years ago, we were consulting in the field of the first language learning education. EF major technology initiative launched in collaboration with Apple to design an online school of the future, which now has evolved into largest online English school in the world with more than 14 million students.
Recently, we have formed a partnership with Cambridge University, and now we are running a research center in Shanghai, Zurich and Cambridge. We employ more than 300 linguists, scientists and designers to ensure that we remain at the forefront of our field.
In our mission to “break down barriers in language, geography, and culture,” EF has joined with organizations on a global scale. Our partnerships include:
University of Cambridge
EF and the University of Cambridge who worked together to fundamentally improve the way students learn.
With the same purpose to promote understanding of cultural exchange and international friendship, EF has a long history with the Olympics.
Whitbread Round the World Sailing Race
In 1998, EF-sponsored two boats in the Whitbread Round the World Sailing Race, including the winning boat “EF Language” (Paul Cayard) and all-female boat first.
EF helps prepare Brazil for World Cup 2014. In one of the most anticipated tournament in world football, EF Ministry of Tourism is working with Brazil to help prepare for the hospitality and tourism professionals to speak in English and Spanish.
The continued success of EF depends on recruiting the most talented people. Here are the vacancies that available now
In Indonesia, EF offers ESL courses to over 20,000 students year-round in 65 schools across the archipeligo. This translates to year-round employment needs with new vacancies for ESL jobs every week. In fact, we are by far the largest private employer of ESL teachers in the country.
- A genuine interest in teaching, education and developing yourself
- Openmindedness, an adventurous spirit, and flexibility
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Native English speaker
- Passport issued by the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand
- Some teaching experience preferred
- TOEFL certificate preferred
- Planning and delivering lessons to both adults and children from 4 years old, in both one-on-one sessions and group workshops of up to 14 students.
- Using electronic media and EF-developed courseware to teach English efficiently and effectively
- Evaluating student progress and providing ongoing guidance for improvement
- Maintaining regular office hours
- Testing and placing new students in appropriate courses
Employment package details vary from school to school, but all schools offer the following:
- Competitive salary, equivalent to that of a well paid Indonesian manager
- Paid annual leave (average of 10 days + Indonesian National Holidays)
- Official work visa and permits
- 100% roundtrip flight reimbursement
- Comprehensive medical Insurance
- Accommodation in a furnished house with 2-4 other teachers, or housing allowance
- Professional development and academic support
- Baggage and property insurance
EF English First’s Directors of Studies come from all around the world. The common traits that unite all of our academic managers are their proven commitment to education and team building. This position is ideal for someone who wants to have a real stake in improving the quality of teaching and drive the educational direction of the school.
- Two years experience, specifically in teaching TEFL
- CELTA, Trinity TESOL or equivalent
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- Experience team building and junior staff mentoring
- Flexible attitude and good problem-solving skills
- Providing academic support, guidance and training for teachers
- Managing resources (human and material)
- Observing and evaluating teachers
- Scheduling classes
- Controlling the quality of the academic programs
- Overseeing of placement testing for prospective students
- Organizing extra-curricular activities
- Participating in the growth and development of the school
Employment packages vary between cities and countries, but across the board, our Directors of Studies (DOS) are well looked after. EF’s comprehensive employment package includes:
- Competitive salary equivalent to that of a local university professor
- International health insurance
- Flight allowance
- Sponsored visas
- Arrival support
- On-going academic training
- Opportunities to pursue higher level qualifications for those wishing to commit long-term to ESL education
What’s more, with EF, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a world-class educational organization. As you continue to develop as an academic manager, there will be opportunities to transition your experience to other EF schools worldwide or move into regional and national leadership within the same country or contribute to our global curriculum development. Whatever your career path, there is a place to professionally develop and gain valuable international experience.